Summer is on, so let’s celebrate it with homemade ice-cream!
It’s the easiest and the healthiest ice-cream ever! You won’t need any dairy products to prepare it. It’s all plant based (bananas!) and you will be surprised by it’s creaminess and delicious taste.
Containing potassium and magnesium, bananas are good for our circulation system, memory and attention. They are a source of natural sugars, give instant energy, help to regenerate a body after a training and improve mood 🙂
Cranberries are full of vitamin C and they have powerful antioxidants. Because of their acidity, they give an extra kick to the banana ice-cream.
– 2 frozen bananas
– 1 handful of cranberries or 4 tablespoons of cranberry syrup (I’m lucky to have a cranberry syrup made by my grandma but you can buy one or use another berry syrup). You can also substitute cranberries for raspberries or strawberries
– ½ of mango
– 1 teaspoon of goji berries
– some hazelnuts
- First you need to prepare your bananas. Cut them in little pieces and put them in a freezer. They need to stay there at least 2 hours, but overnight would be perfect.
- Take bananas out of the freezer, put in a food processor and blend till get a creamy texture.
- Add cranberries and blend a little more.
- Plate your ice-cream, join the mango, hazelnut and goji berries.
Written by and photo credit: Paulina Tavares