What can´t be missing on our Easter tables? Eggs, of course!
The egg gives us many nutritional benefits and actually can help us to keep fit. It contains complete protein, vitamins (A, D, E, B) and minerals (iron, calcium potassium and others). Having an antioxidant called “lutein”, it´s also great for our eyes.
The problem is that, usually eggs are prepared with fatty additional ingredients (for example mayonnaise) and it´s not good for our summer bodies 🙂 But you can make your Easter eggs in a light, healthy, flavorful way and I´m going to show you how!
You will need:
– 8 eggs
– 1 tablespoon of natural yoghurt
– a pinch of salt and pepper
– 1 tablespoon of our favorite herbs (oregano, parsley, coriander)
– a pinch of turmeric (for a some additional yellow color)
– 1 tablespoon of chopped red pepper
– 1 tablespoon of chopped olives
– 1 tablespoon of chopped zucchini
– a few leaves of fresh thyme
1. First boil the eggs in salted water (it`s important, the salt will help you to peel the eggs without any problem). Then let them cool completely.
2. Peel the eggs and cut in half.
3. Take the yolk out carefully, put the egg whites aside – you´re going to stuff them later.
4. Mash all the yolks with salt, pepper, herbs and turmeric. Chop the red pepper, olives and the zucchini in tiny squares and add them to the yolks. Leave a little bit of each vegetable apart, for the decoration.
5. Stuff your eggs with the paste and sprinkle the rest of the vegetables on the top. Decorate with thyme leaves.
Enjoy and happy Easter! 🙂
Written by and photo credit: Paulina Tavares