Are you already feeling typical autumn laziness and all you want to do is just chilling around? Then this dish is perfect for you! It’s super simple and fast yet delicious. Hey, this colorful bowl can really cheer you up!
“Buddha bowl” is nothing more, nothing less than a bowl full of seasonal vegetables (greens, cooked and raw), seeds and cereals. By using various veggies, your body gets a great variety of nutrients in just one dish. Remember that vegetables have different benefits per color. Green ones are full of potassium, vitamin C and folic acid. Orange veggies help us to have healthy skin and good vision. Red ones are good for your heart, while purple ones are known as anti-aging products. Use as many as you can and stay healthy and pretty
- a handful of lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 1 carrot
- 1 cooked sweet potato
- a handful of purple cabbage
- 1 cooked betroot
- 3 tablespoons of chickpeas
- 4 tablespoons of cooked millet (you can also use rice, bulgur, quinoa or even pasta)
- 1 teaspoon of chia, sesame and sunflower seeds
- a little bit of olive oil and vinegar
- a pinch of salt, pepper, coriander
Preparation couldn’t be easier – chop your vegetables, put everything in a bowl, sprinkle with herbs and seeds, add olive oil. You don’t even need to mix them!
Written by and photo credit: Paulina Tavares