New Year is just around the corner. It’s such a special time, full of happiness and kindness. Thinking about that I can already feel joy and love in the air. I can also feel a smell of a very simple yet delicious dessert that you can prepare for your family and friends. A preparation is really fast and easy. After all, we don’t want to waist time in the kitchen, right?
A crumble is a guaranteed success and it is mainly fruit-based, so our conscience doesn’t feel that heavy for eating this warm treat. It’s packed with apples (which are good for immunity, weight loss and hydration of skin and hair), persimmons (they fight stress, prevent cold and detoxify) and plums (which are considered to be anti-aging, rich in antioxidants and to help with digestion).
– 1 apple
– 1 persimmon
– 1 plum
– 1 Greek yogurt or vanilla ice-cream
For the crumble:
– 1 cup of plain flour
– 3/4 of cup of brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon of oats
– 1/2 of cup of cold butter
How to prepare it?
1. Cut the fruit into chunks and put it all in an ovenware.
2. Prepare the crumble: place flour, sugar and oats in a big bowl. Cut cold butter into little cubes. Mix everything with your hands. Continue till getting consistency of wet sand. Leave some bigger pieces. The crumble should be sloppy – the less perfect it is, better.
3. Sprinkle the crumble all over the fruit and put it in the oven for 30 minutes, 160 degrees. It’ll get a nice golden color.
4. Serve warm with the Greek yogurt or the vanilla ice-cream.
Have a delicious and happy New Year!
Written by and photo credit: Paulina Tavares