A tomato soup is such a classic… light, filling and so comforting. Health on a plate!
Tomatoes contain a lot of potassium, vitamin E and antioxidants (which keep us young!) and vitamin C (which is crucial when it comes to immunity). They are very low in calories and have a good influence on our digestive and nervous systems. There are no reasons not to love them!
Chickpea is a great source of protein and fibre. It also contains a lot of iron, magnesium and vitamin B6.
You think that a tomato soup is always the same? Naaah. With a little touch of herbs and spices you can play with its taste. Try this one with sweet and spicy paprika.
You will need:
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of cooked chickpeas
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of mashed garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- a pinch of sweet paprika
- a pinch of spicy paprika
- 1 cup of water
- a pinch of coriander
- a few slices of bread
- a little bit of butter
- Slice onions and stew them in a medium pan with olive oil, salt and pepper until they get soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for a little more – be careful and don’t burn it
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas and water.
- Use a blender to make a creamy soup. If the soup gets too thick for you, add more water.
- In the end, add the sweet and spicy paprika and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with some coriander.
- To accompany your soup, toast bread and put the butter on.
Eat well and be happy!
Written by and photo credit: Paulina Tavares